Clean and refresh the air, creating a healthy home for you and your family with our range of innovative air purifiers
How Daikin can benefit you
Discover our most popular models
Compare models (1)
Air Purification Reach
Air Purification Reach
Air flow up to
Air flow up to
Indoor air quality
Compare our models
Watch and learn
Settle back and enjoy learning all you need to know about our solutions with these stories, carefully selected for you
What is the function of an air purifier?
An air purifier can remove pollutants, allergens, and other contaminants from the air. Using a combination of technologies such as electrostatic HEPA filters, activated carbon filters and ionisers, air purifiers help to capture and neutralise pollutants making the air you breathe considerably cleaner.
The 5 benefits of using an air purifier
There are many advantages of having an air purifier at home or in the office, including:
- Improving indoor air quality by removing pollutants such as dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores and smoke from the air.
- Reducing allergies and asthma symptoms by removing allergens from the air.
- Reducing odours such as smoke, cooking odours and chemicals by using activated carbon filters and other purifying technologies.
- Improving sleep is one of the key benefits of an air purifier. It creates a cleaner and more comfortable sleeping environment by removing pollutants and allergens from the air.
- Creating a more comfortable and enjoyable living or working space by removing pollutants and allergens from the air.
There are seven signs that your home or office could benefit from an air purifier:
- Symptoms such as headaches, sneezing or coughing can be related to poor air quality
- A build-up of dust, mould or other visible pollutants around your home
- Dust particles from a recently renovated home or office or from new furniture
- Unpleasant odours such as smoke, cooking or cleaning chemicals or the smell of an open fire
- A need to relieve allergies or asthma
- High levels of air pollution from a high-density urban environment
- A need to remove pet dander and other allergens from the air
Daikin’s air purifiers have high-efficiency electrostatic HEPA filters, which are designed to remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air, including common allergens such as dust, pollen, and pet dander.
Removing these small particles and allergens will improve air quality and reduce the symptoms of allergies and asthma.
Air purifiers can filter out the smell of smoke and harmful cigarette particles by using a combination of technologies such as high-efficiency electrostatic HEPA filters and activated carbon filters.
High-efficiency particulate absorbing filters are designed to remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air, including smoke, tar and nicotine. Air purifiers with odour filters remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as smoke odours and chemicals from the air by absorbing and neutralising them.
If you’re choosing an air purifier for health reasons and to remove smoke, look for a HEPA filter and CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) rating. The higher the rating, the more efficient the air purifier is at removing smoke, dust and pollen from the air.
HEPA filtration is a high-efficiency particulate air filter system that is designed to catch fine particles of dust. Research shows they remove 99% of particles between 0.1μm and 2.5μm in size.
How does the HEPA filter work?
The Daikin electrostatic HEPA filter collects dust efficiently using electrostatic forces, so it’s not prone to clogging.
What are the advantages of a HEPA air purifier?
An air purifier with HEPA filtration can purify a larger amount of air.
Unlike some filters that use fine mesh, the HEPA will not clog up with dust, but can collect smaller particles.
The benefits include improved air quality as the HEPA air purifier removes a wide range of pollutants and allergens and can reduce the symptoms of allergies and asthma.
HEPA filters typically last longer than other types of filters, making them a cost-effective option in the long run. The Daikin filter has a lifetime of 10 years.
Forget about odors, viruses and allergens
Daikin's air purifying technology tackles viruses, allergens and odors.
We've selected some informative and inspirational articles for you to learn more about how Daikin can help you